Friday, January 30, 2009

On the loss of objects in personal spaces


click for video : Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/iPhone / Direct streaming for PC

"I have no words for it. I am speechless and numb. A vast melancholy engulfs me; it happened, in the space of a fortnight: The shattering of the blue glass float and the driftwood sofa's disappearance. One occurrence was an act of will, the other due to common clumsiness. The sofa is now gone, cargoed away back to its maker, replaced by chest of drawers. I have yet to glue the float together, but I suspect that it has Humpty-Dumpty qualities, after the fall. I considered both to be vital objects in my interior architectural conscience "

The sofa spend almost two decades poetically lurking in various corners of Sam Renseiw's den. The blue glass float for even longer. It lately survived in the kitchen, perpetrating its old Mediterranean aura with an aloof, benign metaphysical presence. View the nostalgic darkly melancholic spatial collage by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 660, 02'41'', 22MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features the convulsions before another, more existential fall. (Lum # 177 " dr. Faustus's convulsions " 00'59'', 6MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,