Friday, January 23, 2009

On spatial rotation & static embodiment


click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/iPhone / direct streaming for Pc

"Poetry, I tell my students,/is idiosyncratic. Poetry//is where we are ourselves,
/(though Sterling Brown said//“Every ‘I’ is a dramatic ‘I’”)/digging in the clam flats//for the shell that snaps,/emptying the proverbial pocketbook.//Poetry is what you find/in the dirt in the corner,//overhear on the bus, God/in the details, the only way//to get from here to there./Poetry (and now my voice is rising)//is not all love, love, love,//and I’m sorry the dog died.//Poetry (here I hear myself loudest)/is the human voice,//and are we not of interest to each other?"

Pondering on Quaternions superior stability in effectuating rotations, Sam Renseiw maintained a classical outlook at the morphology of bodies in space. View the indoor composition overlapping to a central outdoor location while breezed in Buddha Machine loops by clicking here or on the links above.( patafilm # 658, 02'00'', 15.6MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video likewise focuses on the dialectics of rotation featuring a tasty version ( Lum # 175, "the sushi pass", 01'00'', 6MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , ,