Sunday, November 08, 2009

On voodle as critical poem



click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPhone/iPod / direct streaming for PC

" The fact is that images say nothing, if I may put it that way....There are no images for the deepest experience. The more I try to explain myself, the less I understand myself. Of course, not everything is unsayable in images, only the livin thruth."

Paraphrasing Ionesco (again) Sam Renseiw reconsecrates the inconspicuousness of commonplace in one, backward and shaky hand-held travelling. ("a critival poem: " If I am not mistaken, says Octavio Paz, the union of these two contradictory words (by Mallarme) means: that the poem that contains its own negation and that makes of that negation the point of departure for the voodle, equally distant from affirmation and negation") Enter the leafing by clicking here or on links above. (patafilm # 734, 02'30'', 33.5MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video displays another leafing. (lum # 234 "leafing through" 01'00'', 12MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

OpenID gurdonark said...

I enjoyed this one. I have a story to relate to you about this film, and the notion of an "accidental mash-up".

I was listening to Loveshadow's new
song:

http://ccmixter.org/files/Loveshadow/23680

and enjoying it, when I had a thought, "I wonder what Sam's films are up to today". So I surfed to your site and hit play on your latest film. I was not through with the Loveshadow song,
and thus (with no disrespect intended to the patafilm soundtrack ambient noise) turned down the volume on the voodle.

The result was a transformation of your film. Instead of an Ionescu meditation, I saw a different thing. I saw a take on those 1960s "downtown" scenes in films, in which the world is a shiny, happy shopper's paradise of love.

I thought the result quite interesting, and note it for you as well.

Monday, November 09, 2009 8:42:00 pm  
Blogger SAM RENSEIW said...

thank you robert.
the soundtrack for this one is actually all diegetic, as the shop (norman design) -most of the time- is playing music on its hifi all over the (quite large) shop.
probably they also try to induce a happy shopper's paradise...

Monday, November 09, 2009 10:15:00 pm  
Blogger Gurdonark said...

I love old time hi-fi players.
Perhaps my listening experience was also, in its way, diegetic. Inputs, outputs, implications, inferences,
atmospheres, trees in forests in solitude, one hand clapping...

and then 2 hands clap, for your work.

Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:36:00 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home