Monday, March 17, 2008

On preserves and oblique illuminations


click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod / other versions for PC

"When I travel through my room, I rarely follow a straight line: I go from the table towards a picture hanging in a corner; from there, I set out obliquely towards the door; but even though, when I begin, it really is my intention to go there, if I happen to meet my armchair en route, I don’t think twice about it, and settle down in it without further ado."

Likewise de Maistre's interior travels, Sam Renseiw just happened to stop at a surreally decorated shop window, on the way home from a opera evening with the grim tale of Heart in a Plastic Bag still echoing. View the resulting cut-up, slightly synaesthetic voodle by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 582, 02'38'', 14.2MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video likewise features an unintended stop, further on the way, where luminous empty shop windows acted as attractors. (Lum # 97, "the empty shop, at night", 00'54'', 4.5Mb, Quicktime/mov)

Today's Patalab Metaphor Video re-play supplement features an act of performed kindness in the Invisible Reality Show, voodled with closed eyes.(patafilm # 309, 03'25'', 15.6 MB,[30.11.2006 post] Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , ,