Saturday, March 29, 2008

On chasing clouds, spring and other signs


click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod / other versions at Blip.tv

"I cannot say ‘I see the blue of the sky’ in the sense in which I say I understood a book, or that I have decided to devote my life to mathematics... Every time I experience a sensation, I feel that it concerns not my own being, the one for which I am responsible, and for which I make decisions, but another self, which has already sided with the world, which is already open to certain of its aspects, and synchronized with them. Between my sensation and myself there stands always the thickness of some primordial acquisition which prevents my experience from being clear to itsel...[Yet] my perception is not a sum of visual, tactile, and audible givens: I perceive in a total way with my whole being: I grasp a unique structure of the thing, a unique way of being, which speaks to all my senses at once."

Continuing the quest for simultanous flaneur(ism)-albeit at a fast pace- while recording footage, Sam Renseiw pursued a cloud, in the mist of florist's side-walk arrangements. View the ensuing docu-voodle by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 585, 02'38'', 14.5MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features a recent, warming Copenhagen street novelty. (Lum # 101 "mobile expresso vendor", 00'59'', 4.8MB, Quicktime/mov)

Today's Patalab Metaphor Video features a bout of the harships of voodling, completely AGuGu. (patafilm #259 [23.09 2006 post], 12,4MB. 02'40, Quicktime/mov) Click on the bold links in the text to view, or for more info.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous daniel said...

i just saw that cloud come over. it made it across safely.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 7:24:00 pm  
Blogger SAM RENSEIW said...

i thought it might float over there.
it might have changed form underway...

hamlet: " do you se yonder cloud that's almost in shape of a camel?"
polonius: " by the mass.and 'tis like a camel indeed."
hamlet: "methinks it is like a weasel."
polonius: "it is backed like a weasel"
hamlet: "or like a whale?"
polonius: very like a whale."

Saturday, March 29, 2008 9:44:00 pm  
Blogger gurdonark said...

The cloud remains in view for a pleasingly long time, while the flowers, less mobile, jump about a bit. It's all in how the camera--and the lens of perception--comes into play. I like the little pixel-beam of colorful light that seems to emit from a building window, early in the film, as one more element of the wonder and limitations of perception.

Sunday, March 30, 2008 12:43:00 pm  
Blogger huub said...

Spring is Here! Are those Tulips Danish Tulips? Seen that cloud before! They come over our house a few days before they show up where you live! Or is it the other way around? ;-)

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:42:00 pm  
Blogger SAM RENSEIW said...

the cloud came from africa, over holland as did the tulips… the cloud then made it to new york via chile and a small detour over japan... it might make it all the way to quebec.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 9:24:00 pm  
Blogger B said...

sam, this is so lovely - the soundtrack and editing are an excellent blend of fun. im so far behind viewing, but hooray - the clouds made it to boston. spring is here :)

Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:08:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home