Saturday, March 29, 2008

On chasing clouds, spring and other signs


click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod / other versions at Blip.tv

"I cannot say ‘I see the blue of the sky’ in the sense in which I say I understood a book, or that I have decided to devote my life to mathematics... Every time I experience a sensation, I feel that it concerns not my own being, the one for which I am responsible, and for which I make decisions, but another self, which has already sided with the world, which is already open to certain of its aspects, and synchronized with them. Between my sensation and myself there stands always the thickness of some primordial acquisition which prevents my experience from being clear to itsel...[Yet] my perception is not a sum of visual, tactile, and audible givens: I perceive in a total way with my whole being: I grasp a unique structure of the thing, a unique way of being, which speaks to all my senses at once."

Continuing the quest for simultanous flaneur(ism)-albeit at a fast pace- while recording footage, Sam Renseiw pursued a cloud, in the mist of florist's side-walk arrangements. View the ensuing docu-voodle by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 585, 02'38'', 14.5MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features a recent, warming Copenhagen street novelty. (Lum # 101 "mobile expresso vendor", 00'59'', 4.8MB, Quicktime/mov)

Today's Patalab Metaphor Video features a bout of the harships of voodling, completely AGuGu. (patafilm #259 [23.09 2006 post], 12,4MB. 02'40, Quicktime/mov) Click on the bold links in the text to view, or for more info.

Labels: , , , ,