Tuesday, November 23, 2010

On oblique phenomenologies of perception



click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/Pad / direct streaming for PC

"Every perception takes place in an atmosphere of generality, and is presented to us anonymously. Every time I experience a sensation, I feel that it concerns not my own being, the one for which I am responsible, and for which I make decisions, but another self, which has already sided with the world, which is already open to certain of its aspects, and synchronized with them. Between my sensation and myself there stands always the thickness of some primordial acquisition which prevents my experience from being clear to itself."

Bearing in mind that in perception, "I" discover a sense which "I" did not constitute, Sam Renseiw concocted a batch of recently captured interior urban footage on a corner site in Frederiksstaden into a observational docu-voodle. View the saraband of jump-cut prospects finalised with rather royal out-looks by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 801b, 02'10'', 34MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Bliptv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features a fleeting yet contemplative view of/in a unique urban setting [Lum # 295 "royal view" 00' 26'' 9.4MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , ,