Sunday, September 12, 2010

On slow but lasting simultaneities



click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/iPad / direct streaming for PC

" Suddenly a few good images fitted for a sketch or voodle strike me, delicate visual hits of which I have (almost) never before found the equal. I immediately start recording. I lie and edit these bits of captured footage for myself, and find that they are capital. Little by little others come and fit themselves to the preceding ones. I grow keenly wakeful. It was as if a vein had burst in me; one sequence follows another, and they fit themselves together harmoniously with telling effect.[...] a wonderful sense of pleasure empowers me. I voodle as one possessed, and edit yet another post, without a moment's pause."

This time paraphrasing Hamsun, Sam Renseiw edits recently collected northern footage into a triptych docu-voodle (with dualism ending), enabling [a] delicate transition(s) of outer and inner spaces; View the slow conversion with persimmon overlay by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 790, 04'46'', 68MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Bliptv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features a moment of colourful spray. (Lum # 283, "tits spray", 01'00'' 12Mb, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , , ,