Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On the practice of lucid dream-voodling


click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod / other at Blip.tv

“ I slept very well indeed, and after seven and a half hours in bed had my first lucid dream in the lab. A moment before, I had been dreaming... but then I suddenly realised that I must be asleep because I couldn’t see, feel or hear anything. I recalled with delight that I was sleeping in the laboratory, in front of my Mac... and that all parts of the dream where simply bits of recorded reality.”

Speculating on the oneric nature of certain voodle processes, Sam Renseiw manufactured a short, visual dream like brew. View the sequence by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 562, 01'43'' 10MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)
Note: As the patalab vlog project by now has attained absurd encyclopaedic dimensions, each new post will, in the future, also feature an older patafilm replay-supplement, acting as a visual note, complementing or even short-circuiting the posted voodle's apparent "meaning".

Today's Bonus Lumiere video features likewise a night scene this time in a modern urban setting. (Lum # 79 "copenhagen nighthawks " 00'51'', 5MB, Quicktime/mov)

Today's Patalab Metaphor Voodle re-play-supplement features a round of oneiric, electronic touching hear-play (patafilm # 243, 01'48'', 7.8MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , ,