Thursday, May 03, 2007

I am a dreamer of treated images


click for: Quicktime version / Flash version

“I am a dreamer of images, of accumulated images. I think I am seeing; a move stops me. I leave the context. The syllables of the image begin to move around. Stressed accents begin to invert. The gesture abandons its meaning like an overload which is too heavy and prevents dreaming. Then another movement take on other meanings as if they had the right to be impertinent. And the picture wander away, looking in the nooks and crannies of psychogeographical vocabulary for new company.”

Still having after effects from a recent choreographic exercise presentation, Sam Renseiw re-frames bits of footage, a creation of desire, not a creation of need. View the short footage by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 408,00'50'', 3.8 MB, Quicktime/mov - Flash version at blip.tv)

Labels: , , ,