Monday, March 19, 2007

Woven out of syllables and images


click for: Quicktime version / Flash version

The secret was there, in those pages, woven out of syllables and images. He entrusted it to me just before he died. He made me swear not to open it until forty days after his death, long enough to allow him to die completely. I opened it on the night of the forty-first day. I was overwhelmed by perfume. I read the first sentence and understood nothing. I read a paragraph and understood nothing. I read the whole of the first page and was illuminated.

Capturing footage from a recent Ben Jelloun pro forma transformation, Sam Renseiw, followed for a moment the indescisive clothing moves of a blurred character. View the teasing strip by clicking here or enter the line-up above. (patafilm # 374, 03'13'', 7.8 MB, Quicktime/mov - Flash version at Blip.tv)

Labels: , , , ,