Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Little Bob Minor



"After I joined the band, I found that he doesn't talk much and will rarely discuss his music. He's completely unpredictable; sometimes he'd walk off the parade after just playing a few notes, not even completing one chorus. If I ask him something about his music, I never knew how he was going to take it."


"I've been devoting quiet a bit of my time to harmonic studies on my own in libraries and places like that. I've found you've got to look back at old things and see them in a new light" mused Sam Renseiw paraphrasing Coltrane, while recording the Royal Navy band leader on hold. View this marvellous example of self restrain by clicking here or stiff-upper-lip above to enjoy the accompanying Storm Bugs soundtrack. (patafilm # 290, 01'32'', 7.6 MB, Quicktime/mov - Flash version at Blip.tv)