Saturday, February 12, 2011

On Philosophical Investigations in Voodles



click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/Pad / direct streaming for PC

" I contemplate a city at night, and then suddenly notice its likeness to another. I see that it has not changed; and yet I see it differently. I call this experience “noticing an aspect...” And I must distinguish between the ‘continuous seeing’ of an aspect and the ‘dawning’ of an aspect.... I see two pictures, with the chandelier-bunad surrounded by houses in one, by a multitude of buildings blocks and a bridge in the other. I do not notice that they are the same. Does it follow from this that I see something different in the two cases? It gives us a reason for using this expression here. “ I saw it quite differently, I should never have recognized it!” Now, that is an exclamation. And there is also a justification for it. I should never have thought of superimposing the chandelier-bunad like that, of making this comparison between them.... I describe the alteration (change of aspect) like a perception; quite as if the space had altered before my eyes.... The expression of a change of aspect is the expression of a new perception and at the same time of the perception’s being unchanged. I suddenly see the solution of a puzzle-picture."

When is an image just an image muses Sam Renseiw while contemplating a city scape from an inside, configuring a just-voodled-image into a broader investigation of body-space morphology. View the short reflective docu-voodle by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 812,02'00'', 38MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features an urban interior re-modeling-job at night. (lum # 303,"enclosed paint-job", 01'00'', 17MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,