Tuesday, May 11, 2010

On the nature of expectations



click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/iPad / direct streaming for PC

" One has worked vainly when one has done so without success, so that one has wasted one's time and effort: one has worked in vain when one has done so without attaining the intended goal, because of the defectiveness of the work. If I cannot complete my task, I work vainly; I am uselessly wasting my time and effort. If the task I have done does not have the effect I was expecting, if I have not attained my goal, I have worked in vain; that is to say, I have done something useless.... It is also said that someone has worked vainly when he has not been rewarded for his work, or when this work has not been accepted; because in this case the voodler has wasted his time and effort, without this at all prejudicing the value of his work, which can be very good.."

Concocting a speed-voodle from left-over footage from a recent visit, Sam Renseiw speculates on the actual possibilities of sustainable approaches and simultaneously wishing for more subdued, humble roles to assign architecture in retrospect. View the montaged derive vitesse with added stormbugs by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 770, 02'22'', 101MB(!), Quicktime/mov- other versions at Bliptv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features a much simpler build-up, seen reflectively from below. (lum # 269,"reflective build-up" 01'00'',12MB, Quicktime/mov - .m4v)

Labels: , , , , , ,