Saturday, May 17, 2008

On Palomar-like framing a simple event


clik for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod / direct streaming for PC at Blip.tv

"I would like to swim against the stream of time: I would like to erase the consequences of certain events and restore an initial condition. But every moment of my life brings with it an accumulation of new facts and each of these new facts brings with it its consequences; so the more I seek to return to the zero moment from which I set out, the further I move away from it; though all my actions are bent on erasing the consequences of previous actions and though I manage to achieve appreciable results in this erasure, enough to open my heart to hopes of immediate relief, I must, however, bear in mind that my every move to erase previous events provokes a rain of new events... Therefore I must calculate carefully every move so as to achieve the maximum of erasure with the minimum of re-complication."

Trying to simplify the visual flow of a batch of serendipitous, shaky beach footage, Sam Renseiw applied simple software to re-frame the seen in an more "matrix" like manner, with semi-panoramic glides. Follow the voodle-promenade-in-frames while keeping your eyes locked on the horizon until the main protagonists appear to establishing a Kirkegaardian duality. Click here or on the links above to view. (patafilm # 599, 02'03'', 11.1MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features a sea related monument. (Lum # 114 "mariners, angel and dogs"00'31'', 2.6MB, Quicktime/mov) Other's fine Lumieres at the Lumiere site.

Today's Patalab Metaphor Video re-play supplement features a short, blurred glimpse of another wedding photo-shoot. ( patafilm # 270,[02.10.2006 post] 00' 47'', 3.6 MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , ,