Monday, July 14, 2008

On the display of endings as beginning


click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod / direct streaming for Pc at Blip.tv

“Seeking means to have a goal; but finding means to be free, to be receptive, to have no goal. You, O worthy one, are perhaps indeed a seeker, for in striving towards your goal, you do not see many things that are under your nose.”

Further fathoming the nature of the gaze, Sam Renseiw stumbled upon a peculiar gathering of recently finished jewellery on display in a former hospital. View the boxed artefacts with added weirdbient wisdom by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 611b, 03'05'', 16.7MB, Quicktime/mov -other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features a lively, organic(!) gathering, where genuine accountancy might induce slumber. (Lum # 130, " organic sheep flock", 01'00'', 5,1 MB, Quicktime/mov)

Today's Patalab Metaphor Video re-play supplement features the same location albeit with an different set-up. (patafilm # 186b, 00'43'', 3.1 MB, quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous b said...

sheep are one of my favorite animals! its always so nice to see them happy and with their tails in tact :)

Monday, July 14, 2008 4:45:00 pm  
Blogger gurdonark said...

"I know that the past was great and the future will be great,
And I know that both curiously conjoint in the present time,
(For the sake of him I typify, for the common average man's sake,
your sake if you are he,)
And that where I am or you are this present day, there is the centre
of all days, all races,
And there is the meaning to us of all that has ever come of races
and days, or ever will come".--Walt Whitman

I am not always sure of the finding and the seeking, and the beginning and the ending, but I become more sure of the complicated simplicity of seeing, of hearing, and of caring as if things and people before one matter.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 5:11:00 am  
Anonymous Rupert said...

"It is essential... that in every case the "means whereby" rather than the "end" should be held in mind. As long as the "end" is held in mind instead of the "means," the muscular act, or series of acts, will always be performed in accordance with the mode established by old habits."
F M Alexander

As in: "I want boxes like that. If I had boxes like that, my life would be perfect."

Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:16:00 pm  
Blogger gurdonark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:30:00 am  
Blogger gurdonark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:31:00 am  
Blogger gurdonark said...

like that idea that the means is the end, and then the next end, and then the next end--moment by moment, the eternal life of the here and now.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:31:00 am  
Anonymous Robert said...

My great Patalab catch-up begins at last. So...

Often the journey's the thing, or as Robert Louis Stevenson would say it's better to travel in hope than arrive.

Amorphous is the tale of my beginnings and endings. I often don't see where things start and end...not until a certain amount of time has passed and all becomes clear. I tend to stumble forward with bemused expression wondering what it would be like to have a plan or a goal.

I would certainly like to keep things bettered ordered in boxes in my brain. In fact, I'd like to keep things bettered ordered outside my brain, too but I always fail miserably. I live by scraps of paper containing half formed ideas and numerous notes-to-self pinned to scuffed walls.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 1:44:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home