Friday, November 05, 2010

On undercover field working [office]



click for video: Quicktime / direct streaming for PC

"Whereas in earlier work deepblue examined the codes of the theatrical space, in Field Works it unravels the conventions of non-theatrical spaces in small-scale performances. Field Works-office seeks the mystery and poetry of the office. It explores how we absorb space and are absorbed by it and how environment influences our behavior and our movements."

In deepblue mood, Sam Renseiw recently got undercover in an architecture office to record footage. View Heine, Yukiko and Brynjar working out in the office, passing on Brynjar's drawings while Fabrice filled the air with soundings, by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 798, ©, 10'59'', 143MB(!), Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features simple moves, framed in rather complex reflecting(s). (Lum # 291 "framed spaces" 01'00'', 14MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Steven Ball said...

The audio on my laptop doesn't work any more, as a result I watch this as a silent piece and enjoy it immensely, even though I have no idea what the sound might be. I could easily move a few steps across the room to my other computer and view it with sound, but I'm happy in this silent realm. The absence of sound seems to be allowing me to imagine sensations, in particular the sense of smell. I can imagine what that place might smell like: the nylon carpet, the faint whiff of body odour when someone passes, not unpleasant but specific and personal, the faint electrical aroma of the computers and photocopier, the subtle scent of paper... outside in the courtyard, the crispness of autumn, and early decaying fallen leaves...

Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:17:00 am  
Blogger Steven Ball said...

it also occurs to me that I am as accepting of the failure of audio on my computer, as almost a 'natural' 'fact', as an inevitable affect, as I am of the symptons of age and decay encroaching on my body...

Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:29:00 am  
Blogger SAM RENSEIW said...

thank you steven. indeed, just whent through the piece twice, and yes, something quite different and interresting appears.(although all of it is still fresh in my memory, and thus difficult to extrapolate- and the soundtrack in the office was quite ingenious)
as i am researching for a longer filmic epic with the working title "silent language", it seems that silence is comming on...

Saturday, November 06, 2010 12:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home