Saturday, January 16, 2010

On spatial occurrences in voodles



click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/iPhone / direct streaming for PC

" After I've slept many dreams, I go out to the street with eyes wide open but still with the aura and assurance of my dreams. I'm astonished by my automatism, which prevents others from really knowing me. For i go through daily life still holding the hand of my astral nursemaid; my steps are in perfect accord with the obscure designs of my sleeping mind. And I walk in the right direction; i don't stagger; I react well; I exist. [...] And it is then, in the middle of life's bustle, that my dream becomes a marvellous voodle. I walk along an unreal downtown street, and the reality of its non-existent lives affectionately wraps my head in a white cloth of false memories. I'm a navigator engaged in unknowing myself."

Paraphrasing Pessoa, Sam Renseiw begins to share the quiet anxiety of compulsive production while uploading yet another voodle. View the concoction of left-over footage from the past 3 months combined with some recent bits by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 747, 04'33'', 67 MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Labels: , , , , , , ,